Icynene® Insulation Pros and Cons
What is Icynene®?
Icynene® spray foam insulation is a water-based spray foam that expands to 100 times its size once sprayed, filling every possible gap. It has become increasing popular due to its energy saving, environmentally friendly and sound reducing qualities.
The pros far outweigh the limited Icynene® problems, and when these Icynene® insulation pros and cons are contrasted Icynene® is still regarded as the preferred spray foam insulation. When compared to other forms of insulation, such as fibreglass or foam board, Icynene® has the highest level of moisture protection, and you can re-enter the home in as short as 2 hours after application.
Pros of Icynene® Foam Insulation
- Icynene® spray foam insulation can help you to save up to 50% on heating and cooling costs
- Water-resistant, preventing condensation and mould growth
- Icynene® creates an air barrier, stopping heat loss and reducing air pollution
- BDA accredited insulation, certifying it’s suitable for domestic homes
- Reduces drafts and noise
Cons of Icynene® Foam Insulation
- It’s one of the more expensive insulation options
- You can’t apply it yourself at home; experienced Icynene® contractors should be used to avoid any problems
Find out more about Icynene® insulation and the UK’s leading accredited Icynene® installation contractors. Feel free to get in touch with our friendly team for a no obligation quote on 0800 246 5051, or get an instant quote.